A simple system ensures safety.
Use these few simple safety checks and procedures to ensure that Afrox LPGas gives trouble-free service.
- When using any LPGas appliance indoors always keep a window or door slightly open because fresh air is needed for gas to burn correctly.
- When lighting up any appliance always light the match and then open the gas supply.
- Regularly check that appliances and fittings are in good condition.
- When buying a refilled gas cylinder, reject any cylinder that is not in good condition.
- Never put a gas cylinder on a stove and keep it away from surfaces that can become hot.
If there is a strong smell of gas:
- Close off the gas supply at the cylinder.
- Open doors and windows to ventilate the room well.
- Use soapy water, which will produce a large bubble at the point of any leak, to check cylinder valve, appliance and connections.
- In the event that the leak continues after the gas supply is closed, move the cylinder to a well ventilated area out of doors. Call Afrox or your local gas supplier.
- Do not smoke if there is a strong smell of gas.